Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Book Review

Hiss of Leaves
by T.D. Ingram




Haiku has always been my favorite form of poetry.  If you can turn three short lines into something deep and meaningful that really sticks with me, then you've got my vote (you know, if we're voting for something).

Ingram's poems sound so crisp, but they're really soothing. 



we peel pears
on the back steps
hands swarm with bees

If you didn't taste anything when you read that, then I don't know, maybe you're dead inside.


on a wardrobe shelf
cigar box of cedar chips
and dry broken insects

I love the sibilance in that.  It makes me want to hug someone.


bottle caps
stuck in blacktop
small planets

I love that one so much I want to hang it on my wall.



Read more reviews for this book on  LibraryThing.

No comments:

Post a Comment