Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cover Snark

Mercycle
by Piers Anthony


This gem was recently donated to the library.


I started to read the back cover for the summary, but then I decided I didn't want to know.


I'm more than a little concerned that the title is a combination of the words "mermaid" and "bicycle," because I assume that means that these two things will be physically combined at some point in the narrative, as some sort of MermaidBicycle.  What would that even look like?  Would it just be a bicycle made out of fish parts?  Or a mermaid with wheels?  You guys, would the mermaid have wheels instead of boobs!?

How is that guy breathing underwater?  Or, you know, not floating back up to the top automatically?  Is the mermaid played by Cher?  Is this the sequel to the movie Mermaids?

No comments:

Post a Comment