Sunday, January 20, 2013

Shelf by Shelf Project

You guys, I have a Book Buying Problem.

What happens is, I buy a whole bunch of new books, and then I check out a whole bunch of books from the library.  I have to read the library books first so I can turn them in.  But, by the time I finish reading those, I've either bought a bunch more, or checked out a bunch more.  Or I get another couple early review copies that I need to read first so I can review them.  Then, I inevitably buy more books.  I can never catch up. 


UNTIL NOW.


This is the way our bookshelves look:


And obviously this isn't even all of it, since you can't see behind the couch.  The fiction takes up the three middle sections.  And the two outside sections are non-fiction and periodicals.

I'm going to go shelf by shelf, starting with fiction, and work my way through.  I'm dividing the process into "New Reads," "Re-Reads" and "Authors."  The "Authors" part will consist of me reading the rest of the works written by the authors on the shelf I'm currently reading.

For example, see Shelf One:


Shelf One New Reads
  • The Complete Hans Christian Andersen
  • Emma by Jane Austen
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Shelf One Re-Reads
  • The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy  by Douglas Adams
  • The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
  • Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  • Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
  • Fudge-a-Mania by Judy Blume
  • Double Fudge by Judy Blume
Shelf One Authors
  • Jane Austen
  • L. Frank Baum
  • Frank Beddor
  • Judy Blume
  • Maybe Ray Bradbury?
  • All 3 Bronte Sisters


I don't promise to not buy any more books until I finish this project.  But maybe this will prevent me from feeling the need to?  Yeah, probably not.

I'll update on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment