Saturday, February 23, 2013

Reread

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
by Douglas Adams





I'm rereading this whole series as part of my Shelf by Shelf project.  All the books in the series are great for a laugh or a light read before bedtime.  Here are some of my favorite quotes:


“The first ten million years were the worst.  And the second ten million years, they were the worst too.  The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.”- Marvin

“I teleported home last night with Ron and Sid and Meg.  Ron stole Meggy's heart away and I got Sidney's leg.”

"No, I'm very ordinary.  But some very strange things have happened to me."  - Arthur Dent

"Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being beneath a silvery moon, which then explodes for no adequately explored reason."

"In an infinite universe anything can happen.  Even survival.  Strange but true." -Ford Prefect

No comments:

Post a Comment