Sunday, March 17, 2013

Book Review

A Wrinkle in Time
written by Madeleine L'Engle
drawn by Hope Larson






I LOVE A Wrinkle in Time.  I read it at least once a year.  And I've even been buying extra copies with different covers so that I can do some sort of art project with them.  When I found out that there was going to be a graphic novel version of the book, I was super excited!

It definitely met my expectations.  Same wonderful story, but this time with beautiful pictures.  There is no color throughout the novel, just a light blue.


This turned out to be a perfect decision, because the blue color scheme kept me focused on the story and the way the illustrations represented the story, rather than on just the illustrations.  I was a little surprised, because I thought the Man With Red Eyes would at least have red eyes, and he didn't.  At first I was kind of bummed about that, but then I realized that the Man With Red Eyes didn't need actual red eyes to look like an evil psycho. 

It's wonderful to see an artist's interpretation of some of my favorite scenes.  A Wrinkle in Time is full of images that test the imagination.


This is a must buy for any Wrinkle fan.  I'd love to see one of these for all of Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quintet.  Especially Many Waters



Read more reviews on this book at LibraryThing.

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh!! I had no idea there was a graphic novel version of A Wrinkle in Time! *sigh* I can literally feel the waves of nostalgia washing over me. Me thinks I need to purchase this A Wrinkle in Time graphic novel, yep.

    ReplyDelete