Sunday, March 24, 2013

Book Stamp

Edward and I are well on our way to owning an extensive personal library.  As soon as we became grown-ups and realized we could make our own decisions regarding our finances, we became regulars at Borders and Half Price Books once our monthly bills were paid.

I wanted some way to organize all our books and also a way to mark them as ours.  We don't loan them out very often, but there have been occasions where we have loaned out books that never made it back because we forgot who had it, or they "weren't sure whether it was our copy or not."  Well, NO MORE. 

Last year I did some searching on Etsy and found a shop called RunEllieRun.  She makes custom stamps in all sorts of designs. 


Since our last name is "Gates," I thought this ornate gate design worked perfectly.  I like the little bird that's perched on top.  You guys, I agonized for about an hour over whether or not to have the apostrophe after the "S" in "Gates."  I eventually consulted my brother, Michael, who is a grammar enthusiast.  She was kind enough to send a little card with cleaning instructions for the stamp.  It's really easy.  I just use a soft toothbrush and some dish washing soap to clean the ink off, then pat it dry.  I picked an emerald colored ink, which looks awesome on all our books.


No comments:

Post a Comment