Sunday, March 10, 2013

Project 365

I've been wanting to start a new 365 project for ages.  I got about halfway through one in 2010 before I got burned out.  But I think that was mostly because it was self-portraits, and I guess I got tired of myself.

I wanted to come up with a new theme for a project and start it on my birthday this year, but I couldn't think of anything.  I was reading Christine Peel's blog and saw that she's started a 365 about things that make her smile. 

I've been trying to keep a more positive outlook on life.  I spend too much time worrying about things I can't do anything about, or waiting for a moment when my life is perfectly in order to let myself be happy.  There's so many wonderful things in my life, and I should be concentrating on them, rather than the annoying or frustrating things.  I feel like photographing moments or things that make me happy everyday will help make me a better person, or at least a more upbeat one.

So, I started the project on my birthday (Friday) and I'm calling it Project 365: 27 - The Year I'm Happy.  I'm not good with titles.  That seems entirely too long, and it doesn't flow very well.  I'll have to think about it.

1/365
 I'll be posting all the photos on my Flickr Photostream.  You can also see them on the little slideshow on the sidebar.  I might occasionally post a photo on here, especially if it's bookish.

2/365
Here's to an awesome year!

No comments:

Post a Comment