Monday, March 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday





Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  You should go there immediately.  After you read this.



Top Ten Series I'd Like to Start But Haven't Yet
There are some of these that I'm ashamed to have not started.  You can go ahead and kick me off the Internet.  I wouldn't blame you.



1.  The Hunger Games

I am so sorry, everyone.  I really don't have any excuse for this, other than I just have other things on my TBR list that I want to read more. 










2.  The Divergent Trilogy

 My husband just started this series and he really likes it.  I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm pretty excited about starting it (whenever that happens).










3.  The Sookie Stackhouse Series

This one I'm mostly nervous about.  I did not like the True Blood show AT ALL.  I got really bored watching Sookie's brother have sex with everyone.  But all my friends tell me the books are better. 









4.  The Matched Trilogy

I've heard some mixed reviews on the first book.  People seem to either love it or hate it. 










5.  Shatter Me Series

I don't know much about this series except that this chick can kill people by touching them?  It reminds me a lot of Rogue from X Men, who I always thought was so sad.  I'm expecting tears during this.









6.  The Gemma Doyle Trilogy

I want to say I've actually started the first book of this series a long time ago, but I can't remember ANY of it.










7.  Percy Jackson Series

I loved the movie and I love Greek mythology, so this can only be a win/win situation.










8.  The Pink Carnation Series

Girl Spies named after flowers?  Yes, please.












9.  Discworld Series


Supposedly hilarious, and I can always use a good laugh.











10.  The Dante Club Series?

I have no idea what the name of this series is, or even if all the books are actually connected.  But Matthew Pearl has written four thrillers based on different classic literature, and I'm a big Dante fan.










What series have you missed out on and can't wait to try?

21 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The hunger games. I'll tell you now, the movie was excellent but you can't compare it to the book. So much inner thoughts you don't get to witness in the movie! Divergent was amazing. Oh god... but I would wait til the final installment comes out in October so you don't have to wait! Matched trilogy was really good. I just finished that back in January! Oh and I just got to meet Tahereh Mafi!!!! She's SO freaking adorable. I got my books signed by her, and I still haven't read them *sigh* Anyways - Great List!!
    New follower <33
    Beth | YA Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, good, I will wait until October then. It'll be much more exciting to have an entire series to read in one sitting!

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Divergent is like the best book EVER. Hopefully you'll get to read these soon. Great list! :)

    Here's my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, I hope so. I really need to look into getting one of those Robot Butlers to take care of all the tedious day-to-day stuff so that I can get some more reading done!

      Delete
  3. THG!! You must read them! They will change your life! ;) I really need/want to read the Gemma Doyle books as well.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life changing! Ahh, okay, then they will be the first of this list that I will start.

      Delete
  4. Okay, if you haven't read these, what have you been reading?!

    LOL

    Here's my list of Top Ten Series I'd Like to Read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, everything else! It never fails, I start one I've been meaning to and add about ten others to the list.

      Plus I just read your list and now I'm going to have to add the Art of the Novella series!

      Delete
  5. The Discworld series is fabulous. I love it. I haven't read all of the books, but my favourite Mort! Super entertaining and hilarious. ;) You'll love it.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent is SUCH a good series! I wasn't a fan of matched, but I know a lot of other people who loved it! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm especially excited to read Divergent because everyone kept listing the characters as one of their favorite couples in another Top Ten Tuesday.

      Delete
  7. You should read Divergent! And I really liked Catching fire from THG.

    Top 10 Tuesday - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to get to THG before the Catching Fire movie comes out. Keep your fingers crossed!

      Delete
  8. OMG!!! I LOVE the Hunger Games! The books are so....amazing! Read the all in a week. Great list of series and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hunger Games, Matched, Divergent, and Shatter Me are all AMAZING series and you should definitely eventually read them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Gemma Doyle series is one of my all-time favorites ever! Percy Jackson was a ton of fun as was The Hunger Games!
    Good luck getting some of these knocked out! My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Hunger Games, Divergent and Percy Jackson are all amazing series, though the last book of Hunger Games was kinda boring.. Reading Percy Jackson would surely be great for you, since you like greek myth :) Matched was good read, but there was something missing..
    Top 10 Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete