Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  You should go there immediately.  After you read this.



Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character
Disclaimer:  I don't care that I am not a fictional character.  I crush on all these characters anyway and nothing can stop me.




10.  Perry - Under the Never Sky/Through the Ever Night


"'That was my first kiss,' she said.  'My first real one.' 
He brought his head close, resting his forehead on hers.  Blond waves fell around her face, soft against her cheeks.  His chest rose and fell as he drew in a breath.  
'Felt like the first one to me, too.'"








9.  John Hayden - Abandon Series

 
"He let his mouth linger on mine, neither possessively nor sweetly...like his mouth just belonged there on mine.  And he was right.  It did.  It always had."










 8.  Edmund Pevensie - The Chronicles of Narnia


"But even a traitor may mend.  I have known one that did."












 7.  Fred and George Weasley - Harry Potter


"'Harry!' said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply.  'Simply splendid to see you, old boy-'
'Marvelous,' said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn.  'Absolutely spiffing.'
Percy scowled.
 'That's enough now,' said Mrs. Weasley
'Mum!' said Fred, as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too.  'How really corking to see you-'" 





 6.  Howl - Howl's Moving Castle


"More about Howl?  Sophie thought desperately.  I have to blacken his name!  Her mind was such a blank that for a second it actually seemed to her that Howl had no faults at all.  How stupid!
'Well, he's fickle, careless, selfish and hysterical,' she said.  'Half the time I think he doesn't care what happens to anyone as long as he's alright--but then I find out how awfully kind he's been to someone.  Then I think he's kind just when it suits him--only then I find out he undercharges poor people.  I don't know, Your Majesty.  He's a mess.'" 



5.  Calvin O'Keefe - A Wrinkle In Time


"'Well, you know what, you've got dreamboat eyes,' Calvin said.  'Listen, you go right on wearing your glasses.  I don't think I want anybody else to see what gorgeous eyes you have.'" 








 4.  Dave the Laugh - Confessions of Georgia Nicolson


"I always want to tell him everything.  But instead I said, 'What's your advice, Horn-meister?'
And he started doing pretend beard stroking and said, ' Well, luuurve  is a many trousered thing...'"



3.  Sandor Clegane (The Hound) - A Song of Ice and Fire


"'I could keep you safe,' he rasped.  'They're all afraid of me.  No one would hurt you again, or I'd kill them.'  He yanked her closer, and for a moment she thought he meant to kiss her."





 2.  Mr. Rochester - Jane Eyre


"'And there is an enchantment in the very hour I am now spending with you.  Who can tell what a dark, dreary, hopeless life I have dragged on for months past?  Doing nothing, expecting nothing; merging night in day; feeling but the sensation of cold when I let the fire go out, of hunger when I forgot to eat: and then a ceaseless sorrow, and, at times, a very delirium of desire to behold my Jane again.'"





And, last but DEFINITELY not least...


1.  Severus Snape - Harry Potter

  
"Always." 












Who are your book boyfriends/girlfriends?

13 comments:

  1. Nice list! :)

    New follower
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-3-top-ten-characters-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! <3 Perry. I love Roar too!
    New follower<3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochester was on my list as well. :D

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Perry, but I took Roar for my list! :)
    I love that you have Snape on your list too!! I never would have thought of him but totally makes sense.
    Great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snape is totally my Book HUSBAND rather than Book Boyfriend!

      Delete
  5. Ah Snape! He makes my heart hurt. Also, I had a super serious crush on Calvin O'Keefe back in the day. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I don't care if I'm a fictional character or not too, I'd still crush on my list :P Snapee!! He should be on my list! Such a hero. :)
    April Blog Hop
    Top Ten Book Boyfriends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snape! Oh I should have included him! Great list!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edmund! \o/ Loved him even if he was a bit of an ass at the beginning :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I LOVE HOWL! I don't have a book crush on Snape, but I have a...HUGE respect for his character. He's so misunderstood and selfless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting list! Edmund from The Chronicles of Narnia is the reason that I know what Turkish Delight is. Fun fact!

    ReplyDelete