Monday, April 15, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  You should go there immediately.  After you read this.




Top Ten Tuesday REWIND
Top Ten Characters (And Literary Figures) That I'd Name My Children After
Children are not in my immediate future.  But, if I do have them, they are already named, because apparently I've thought about this a LOT.




1.  Mia - The Princess Diaries 

She's quirky and smart, and she's just trying to achieve self-actualization like all the rest of us.  Plus, she's a princess.









2.  Ender - Ender's Game

Of course, he'd probably officially be named Andrew, like in the book.  That way, he doesn't have to stick with this nickname if he doesn't want to try to live up to it.  It'd probably be pretty intimidating to be named after a character who's expected to save the world.

3. + 4.  Ramona and Beatrice - The Ramona Books

Both names have a lot of personality.  Although, I think this would probably be a situation where you'd have to wait at LEAST a couple days before naming the baby to decide whether or not she was going to be a Beezus or a Ramona.













5.  Matilda - Matilda

 A very appropriate name for a bookworm's daughter.











6.  Friday - The Thursday Next Series

Thursday's mother's name is Wednesday.  So, naturally, when Thursday had a son, she named him Friday.  Friday is pretty awesome, even when he only appears as a baby.  Plus, I really like the idea of a day of the week for a name.  












7.  Atticus - To Kill A Mockingbird

As I've mentioned before on here, I missed the boat on this one.  A friend of mine named her baby Atticus over a year ago, so I would just be copying if I did it.  Fortunately, her baby is really cool, so I don't mind.












8.  Harriet - Harriet the Spy

I want a kid with the goals and work ethic that Harriet has. Sure, she's invading privacy and probably breaking a few laws.  But she's going to be a writer, damn it!  I guess I better start a savings account for bail money.




9.  Jory - A Game of Thrones

Oh, God, Jory!  JOOOOOOOORRRRRYYY!!















10.  Albus Severus - Harry Potter

 Ha ha, no, not really.  But, good for you, Harry.

















I'm dying to see what everyone picked for their Top Ten Tuesday Rewind!  Leave your link in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. I love Mia and Atticus! :) I chose Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/04/15/quotes/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I don't think I would have the gall to use some of these but they are all great characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matilda is a beautiful name too, so it would just be a good choice in general! This is such a good subject :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right, Matilda just has such a nice flow to it. It sounds like the name of someone who would do something amazing.

      Delete
  4. Eee, I thought about all these for my list! Mia, Atticus, Harriet, and Matilda narrowly missed the cut, as did Beatrice for Beezus. YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But good for you Harry. Thanks for making me laugh at work when I'm supposed to be, um, working. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, I'll consider my work done for the day.

      Delete
  6. Great list! Mia is one of my favourite names ever, love that book too. LOL at Albus Severus , pass! Big family you are planning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm going to have to give each kid five of these names!

      Delete
  7. JORY! I love that name! And Mia is such a cute name.

    I feel like if I named my kid Atticus he would feel so much pressure to live up to that name....but I still might ;-)

    thanks for stoppin' by! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, Matilda is a great name! It's my favorite Roald Dahl book, and I am going to see the Broadway show in June. I can't wait! And seriously, Albus Severus. Crazy but so so so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chose this topic, too! Ramona and Matilda are super cute names, and I almost put Atticus on my list. (I did, however, name one of my pigs after him.) Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Mia and Matilda! Perfect for the imaginary twins I'm never having... One would be a total bookworm (obviously) and one would be a bit kick-ass and probably in a band or something. My NUMERO ONE name for a hypothetical daughter was always Lorna Rose, after Lorna Doone. Boys? Julian maybe... there was always a Julian in old story books. Or Byron, I love that for a boy. For someone who doesn't really want kids I'm very prepared! :D

    ReplyDelete