Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekly Update

The Tamagotchi App is live for your iPhone!  Unfortunately, it's only fun for about ten minutes before it becomes a hassle.  I don't remember getting bored with it so quickly back in the late 90's when we all had five of these things in our purses.  Maybe it's because we have way better games now?  I don't know, but my Tamagotchi won't leave me alone, and it's WAY to excited about pooping.










What I Watched
On Sunday we all got together again to watch Game of Thrones.  It was filled with some Sansa/Tyrell trash talking and creepy Joffrey archery scenes.  And also, a surprise appearance by the Hound!


I know a lot of people are complaining because this season is starting out slow.  But, I'm okay with all the slowness, only because I know the horrible action that is coming.  But how about Olenna Tyrell, Margaery's grandmother!  She wants her cheese platter and she wants it now, damn it!



On Thursday I got together with my friends, Justin and Aly, to watch The Sound of Music because Aly had NEVER SEEN IT.  I'm not sure how she's gotten through life so far without it.

I was in charge of the snacks for this movie night, so I settled on dark chocolate banana chips, vanilla mini Moon Pies, gummy bears and veggie crackers with spreadable wine/cheddar cheese.  We sang ALL the songs while stuffing our faces. 

And I'd never noticed how wonderful all the clothes are in this movie.  I would kill for some of the baroness' outfits.

She knew that bows were coming back.

I've also been watching a lot of Fringe and season three of Sex and the City.  I should really just start skipping season three when I do a re-watch.  I HATE when Carrie cheats on Aiden.





What I Ate
Besides the delicious movie snacks on Thursday, I've been trying to cut down on snacking.  I've recently gained back several pounds that I worked hard to get off last summer, and it's been really disappointing.  I'm not the only person in this boat, so some of my coworkers organized a weight loss competition for a month.  We all gained except for three of us, so it didn't work.  It also didn't HELP that several of us brought in snacks to celebrate the end of our dieting.

For example, these chocolate chip cookie/muffins with cookie dough frosting.  They were so good, I wanted to cry.


My new goal is to start eating food that I really want for all three meals, then I won't feel such a need to snack.  Because that seems to be most of my problem.  I only have a lame sandwich for lunch, so I chow down on some cookies or chips as soon as I get home from work.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I did have a delicious pizza Friday night at Yardhouse.  It was mushroom and pepperoni and amazing.  I would recommend eating it immediately.




What I Read
I started the week with Books 7 and 8 of Fables.  I must have really talked them up, because now my husband is interested in them.  I've had to request the beginning of the series for him from the library, but now I'm thinking they might be worth purchasing.

I started and finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone.  You can read my review here. 

Now, I'm finishing up a review copy of What the Family Needed, which has turned out to be a lot better than I expected.  I'll try to review that one in the next couple of days.




In other news, I've gotten a bunch of free ebooks for my Nook, but a lot of them have come with crappy cover photos.  After a lot of Google searching, I found a program called Calibre, which lets you change them!  Now all my ebooks have beautiful covers, and I've been scrolling through my library, just to look at them.


Here's to another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment