Friday, July 12, 2013

My Life Right Now

I feel like I've been neglecting this blog lately (except for all the PLL posts) and that makes me sad.  But things have been pretty much CrazyTown around here.

We've moved into our new house, but there is just enough stuff still at my mother-in-law's that I don't feel completely at home here yet.  Plus, there is plastic sheeting everywhere, because we had most of the walls re-textured before we moved in.  FYI, the dust from that may take YEARS to get rid of.

So, all our shit is everywhere.  We haven't cleaned up the kitchen enough to put food into it, although we do have a fridge now.  Thank God, because I'm sick of drive-thru/take-out food.  Edward is leaving on a business trip for ten days on Tuesday, so I have to make sure he gets packed up, even though not all of our stuff is UNPACKED in the first place, if that makes any sense.  AND summer is always nuts at the library, so I pretty much have had my fill of people by the time I get home.

I realize that last statement sounds super hypocritical, because OF COURSE I want people at the library.  It gives me job security, plus everyone should have access to books, etc.  But everybody's jokes are really bad lately, and there is only so much fake laughter I can store up in my body before it gives out at the end of the week. 



Please stop saying that you haven't seen the inside of a library since 5th grade, because it's really depressing.  And for the record, no, I don't think your three-year-old should have to pay you back for the $2.00 fine on The Cat and The Hat because he is still concentrating on mastering the toilet, so he is unable to remind you when his book is due, much less drive himself to the library to return it.

I'M NOT IN A BAD MOOD.  MY LIFE IS WONDERFUL, I JUST NEED A DRINK.

1 comment:

  1. Moving is one of the top 5 stressful events you can go through. You boyfriend/husband leaving may end up being a blessing- I finally got unpacked or organized when my husband's vacation ended and he went back to work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete