Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts


Christine at BookishlyBoisterous hosts this weekly link-up, so get over there and join!  Unless you don't want to be cool like the rest of us.



1.  We recently purchased a (slightly) used washer and dryer from a friend of ours, to hold us over until we've saved up for something new.  Well, the washer kept stopping in the middle of cycles and shouting error messages about the "sensors," or whatever.  Edward called a repair company to try to get an estimate.  And, after giving them the brand name and model of the washing machine, the man on the phone simply said, "No.  I don't do those anymore." 

Fortunately, it was something we could fix ourselves!  But, I would advise you to avoid the Whirlpool Cabrio washer.


2.  On Sunday I made another deal with myself to stop buying/checking out new books until I finish all the ones I already own.  I've already checked out two new books.  I regret nothing.


3.  I've heard a bunch of amazing things about Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves.  But I'm honestly way too scared to actually read it myself.  So, I'm forcing Edward to read it and tell me everything.  Hello, Nightmares!


4.  Edward has to go to Kansas City, MO this weekend for work, and I'm going with him.  Anybody know anything fun to do there?  I hear the antique and thrift stores in the area are pretty awesome. 


5.  Today, at work, a man asked me how many times you were allowed to read a book.  I thought he was asking how many renewals he had, but he actually wanted to know if I thought someone should be ALLOWED to read the same book more than once in your lifetime.  I told him that I thought you should read a book as many times as you wanted, if you enjoyed it that much.  He was very disappointed in me.







6.  I am obsessed with this bar cart from Target.  But everybody I show it to acts like a total buzz kill and points out that my house already came with a bar.  Ummm, I wouldn't actually use it for a bar, duh.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... Must be the week for dead washing machines - mine on the fritz as well (and it made my Bookish Thoughts post!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any Danielewski but have heard he is definitely a challenge (my husband gave up on one- I think Only Revolutions?). One of these days!

    ReplyDelete