Thursday, October 17, 2013

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

Christine at BookishlyBoisterous hosts this weekly link-up.  So get over there and join in!


Two of postcards I bought in The Dusty Bookshelf.


1.  This weekend, Edward and I flew to Kansas City.  We were running a booth for the company he works for at the Mother Earth News Fair.  The actual fair itself was in Lawrence, Kansas; about a 30 minute drive from Kansas City.  Lawrence has some amazing indie bookstores.  We visited The Raven Bookstore and The Dusty Bookshelf, both of which I would be happy to live in for the rest of my life.  Of course, we broke our book-buying ban and picked up a few cool titles.  And I couldn't visit Kansas and NOT buy another copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (I collect cool copies of as many Oz books as I can find).  I also picked out a bunch of fun postcards, like the ones above, to hang up in our library at home.


2.  While checking my stats on Blogger today, I noticed that the phrase "penis shower" has led at least TWO Google searchers to this blog.  I tried Googling it myself and came up with nothing, so who knows.


3.  I really don't think there is such a thing as "too many towels."



The cardigan I just bought at H&M.  It has elbow patches!


4.  The weather is finally getting chilly down here!  I'm beyond ready for heavy sweaters and boots. 


5.  The weather change also gets me in the mood for cooking, so I'm probably going to start going through all my cookbooks.  I can't wait to try out some new soups and casseroles!  I'll probably try to work on my baking, too.  I need more patience when it comes to cooking.


6.  I've had crazy urges to go thrifting lately.  But, when I get to the store, I always get so overwhelmed by HOW MUCH STUFF there is to go through before you start finding treasures.  I guess I need more patience all around.


7.  I wish that I could get away with doing more book-themed presents for Christmas.  The bookish friends and family members that I DO have are so picky, that I stress about choosing books for them.  I don't really blame them, though.  I'm pretty picky too.


8.  Do you guys think I use too many commas?

4 comments:

  1. 2. Search terms - one of the hidden joys of blogging.
    4. Elbow patches - YES.
    8. No, but I did have to laugh when my brother commented on a blog one day and the blog author replied to him "Chill man commas are so last year" - my brother was horrified, I thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cardigans! Don't have any with elbow patches though--need to fix that xD

    I know what you mean about #7, I end up exchanging book lists with the few people whom I give books as gifts *needs more bookish friends IRL*

    I realised while editing a friend's thesis chapter recently that I'm big on the commas. It's necessary though, breaks the thoughts and narrative up nicely xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting a sweater with elbow patches! Just seems so... academic. And maybe because it reminds me of a hot, fifty-year-old, cigar smelling professor... Hypothetical, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the elbow patch and comma love, ladies!

    ReplyDelete