|Two of postcards I bought in The Dusty Bookshelf.|
1. This weekend, Edward and I flew to Kansas City. We were running a booth for the company he works for at the Mother Earth News Fair. The actual fair itself was in Lawrence, Kansas; about a 30 minute drive from Kansas City. Lawrence has some amazing indie bookstores. We visited The Raven Bookstore and The Dusty Bookshelf, both of which I would be happy to live in for the rest of my life. Of course, we broke our book-buying ban and picked up a few cool titles. And I couldn't visit Kansas and NOT buy another copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (I collect cool copies of as many Oz books as I can find). I also picked out a bunch of fun postcards, like the ones above, to hang up in our library at home.
2. While checking my stats on Blogger today, I noticed that the phrase "penis shower" has led at least TWO Google searchers to this blog. I tried Googling it myself and came up with nothing, so who knows.
3. I really don't think there is such a thing as "too many towels."
|The cardigan I just bought at H&M. It has elbow patches!|
4. The weather is finally getting chilly down here! I'm beyond ready for heavy sweaters and boots.
5. The weather change also gets me in the mood for cooking, so I'm probably going to start going through all my cookbooks. I can't wait to try out some new soups and casseroles! I'll probably try to work on my baking, too. I need more patience when it comes to cooking.
6. I've had crazy urges to go thrifting lately. But, when I get to the store, I always get so overwhelmed by HOW MUCH STUFF there is to go through before you start finding treasures. I guess I need more patience all around.
7. I wish that I could get away with doing more book-themed presents for Christmas. The bookish friends and family members that I DO have are so picky, that I stress about choosing books for them. I don't really blame them, though. I'm pretty picky too.
8. Do you guys think I use too many commas?