Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This Week I Am

Reading

Pretty much the same stuff as last week.  Although, I also read

The Stench of Honolulu
by Jack Handey


Remember old episodes of SNL, where they would have a little commercial of sorts with a beautiful background of a beach or a sunset or a field or something, with text rising up the screen?  It was called Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.  Well, this is that guy.

The book pretty much reads as one long Deep Thought in story form.  There's not a lot of substance to it, it's just meant to be funny.  And it was.  It only took a couple hours to read, so I would recommend it if you need a good laugh.








Listening To


The Civil Wars
The Civil Wars


I think this duo is considered to be Country music, but it's not that awful Pop/Country that's going on right now.  Their sound is more folksy.  They have a couple songs on the Hunger Games Soundtrack (one of them is with Taylor Swift) that are really good.  I've used some of their songs on my Game of Thrones playlists.






Watching



I seem to be in the mood for cartoons lately.

Also, Edward and I are switching off between watching episodes of Spaced and Sherlock.

Benedict Cumberbatch is the best.  And his hair!  Every time I see a picture of him with his hair blond for other projects, I get so disappointed.  One of the downsides to watching two British series at once is that I've started thinking in a British accent again.




Wearing



This coat I just bought at Target.  Last night the temperature down here dropped to the 30s.  I bought my last winter coat two years ago at a Burlington Coat Factory sale.  All the buttons came off, and I'm way too lazy right now to sew them all back on before the cold sets in.  I bought this one when a friend said it looked nice on me.  I'm really glad I listened to him, because it's nice and comfyThe hood is a bonus, because I'm not good with hats, and my head gets cold.  And it was only $40.00.




Doing


We got a kitten over the weekend!  Her name is Heidi and she's amazing.

This pretty much describes our relationship.
So, all I've been doing lately is a lot of snuggling and playing with cat toys.


Here's to another good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment